Wordpress plugins to use
I was not a big fan of wordpress, as I started in 2010 with Drupal another CMS. Drupal is more complicated than worprss and also more integrated : modules work really together. Drupal has a true free and open source model. In wordpress, there is often a premium model with plugins that are free, but that have a premium version that do have a price. Both CMS have the problem of a cluttered UI due to the many possibilities that each plugins / modules can take profit to add its settings.
Anyway despite of it’s drawbacks, Wordpress is quite useful and generally I start with a theme I’ve bough and then customize it. There is a bunch of plugins that I need to install.
So let’s start a list to go faster when installing a new site.
Suite of plugins
- Jetpack Collection of plugins made by Automattic the company behind wordpress, you can select which one you want to install, there is a monitoring tool, a mardown syntax… and many more. All are of very good quality, some a premium
Duplicate post Clone post and page to start with a similare base and edit it
Short code ultimate Create many useful short code that allow to insert anything in a post of elsewhere
- Contact form 7 a simple contact form
- Askimet The default anti-spam for comments available at wordpress install (but not activated by default)
- Envira gallery Freemium image gallery with a nice design a clean settings page UI
- WPML Good plugin for multi-language site that cost around 60$
Visual page builder
Visual page builder allow to go beyond the post structure of wordpress and do one page layout / landing page like design assembling elements of UI and content visually.
- WP backery a page builder used by the BE theme suite and others. Is quite simple
Analytics and SEO
- Google analytics monster insights In site stats from google analytics that make it easy see which page have traffic…
- WP Smush Images resizing..