Starting with Webpack
Reading the doc
One of the worst aspect of web pack is its doc. I do not know exactly why but reading it and grasping the main concept is slow and painful.
Any way here are some starting page you can try your self :
- using webpack for css
Cannot read property ‘hash’ of undefined
95% emittingFatal error: Cannot read property 'hash' of undefined
In my case was due to a missing loader in package.json ts-loader that was required in the web pack config file.
Some settings I use
My sass rule :
Useful webpack plugin
- webpack merge allow to merge config bewteen a common / dev / prod config or example
Useful webpack Loaders
- sass loader Loader for scss file
- post css
- sw-precache : Allow to precache assets generating a service worker as for example explained in this blog post.
- resolve-url-loader: allow to customize the url in url() in sass files when importing from a different directory
Web pack starter
- For front end a simple one https://github.com/wbkd/yet-another-webpack-es6-starterkit
- and a more complex and with a few dependencies https://github.com/SinanMtl/webpack-simple-starter